On Tuesday, June 13th, at the KCDMA monthly lunch event at Plaza III, the KCDMA Education Foundation recognized seven scholarship winners.
The Education Foundation (the EF) was founded in 1995 as an independent entity from the KCDMA with the purpose of promoting and fostering Direct Marketing education in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Part of their mission is to support college students studying direct and data-driven marketing with an annual scholarship, and to support the KCDMA’s educational programming.
This year, the EF had a record year of worthy scholarship applicants, who were deemed to have strong academic merit, excellent character, and the potential to impact the practice of direct and data-driven marketing in the years to come. For 2017, the EF awarded seven scholarships. Each student scholarship included $1,000 for tuition and financial assistance, paid student membership in the KCDMA, free attendance at two lunch events, paid attendance at the KCDMA’s Bootcamp, and reduced admission fees for the KCDMA Direct Marketing Symposium.
This year’s winners are:
– Ryley E. Crabtree, Metropolitan Community College-Longview transferring to Missouri Western State University
– Carlyn S. Heartsick, Emporia State University
– Allie Krumel, University of Kansas
– Valerie A. Lightle, University of Missouri-Kansas City
– Cara M. Mahon, University of Missouri-Columbia
– Hie Phung, University of Missouri-Kansas City
– Ryan C. Schmidt, Creighton University
The KCDMA congratulates the KCDMAEF scholarship recipients!
For information about our scholarship program, please visit www.KCDMA.org/efscholarship and stay tuned for 2018 applications in March 2018.