The Kansas City Direct Marketing Education Foundation $1,000 Annual Scholarship
In 1995, the Kansas City Direct Marketing Association Education Foundation, known as KCDMAEF, was established as an entity independent of the Kansas City Direct Marketing Association. The mission of the KCDMAEF is to promote and foster direct marketing education in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area, through scholarships.
We’re now accepting applications for our scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year. Read more below.
What are the scholarship award criteria and who can apply?
Scholarships will be awarded based on merit and the recipient’s potential contribution to the practice of direct marketing in the Kansas City region.
To be eligible for a scholarship from the KCDMAEF, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or be accepted and plan to enroll in an accredited Degree or Certification Program in the greater Kansas City region.
- Be enrolled or be accepted and plan for the fall 2018 semester with a course or series of courses relating to the practice of marketing.
- Provide proof of previous scholastic achievement proving a minimum 3.0 grade point average or equivalent mastery of marketing concepts and practice.
- Provide a letter of recommendation.
- Complete the online scholarship application (see ‘How do you apply?’) to the KCDMAEF by April 23rd, 2018.
If you are selected as a scholarship recipient, what will KCDMAEF expect from you?
All recipients will be required to:
- Attend the KCDMA May lunch meeting on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 (Date subject to change) at which you will be awarded the scholarship.
- Submit a college life update for the end of the scholarship year (to be used in the KCDMA newsletter)
- Sign a waiver for release of your picture and contact information.
What does the scholarship include?
- Financial assistance in the amount of $1,000 per year.
- Eligible for subsequent annual scholarship based on:
– Marketing coursework
– Letter explaining your experience of the last year in light of coursework and why you would be a suitable candidate.
- Student Membership in KCDMA.
- Support and Counsel of a mentor from the KCDMA membership.
- Special rates for attendance at KCDMA’s Direct Marketing Symposium.
- Invitation to two KCDMA meetings at no charge.
How do you apply?
- Complete the online Scholarship Application here.
- Send one letter of recommendation on your work or character to email@example.com. Be sure to include “KCDMAEF Scholarship application” and your full name in the subject line.
- Submit your transcript, either by emailing the PDF or mailing to:
KCDMA, 638 W. 39th St, Kansas City, MO 64141
How will you know if you are chosen to receive a scholarship?
Selected applicants will be notified by the Scholarship Selection Committee. The final determination will be made in early May. The decision of the KCDMAEF Scholarship Selection Committee is final. Re-application is necessary to be considered for future scholarship awards (see above).
What is the deadline for application?
Your application must be received by April 23, 2018.