FOSTERING DIRECT MARKETING EDUCATION IN KANSAS CITY
NEWS: 2019 APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE $1,000 EDUCATION FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP!
Know someone who will be the next big idea thinker in marketing? Who should tap into the power of data-driven marketing as they enter or continue higher education? Share this application with them! Applications are due April 22nd, 2019.
The Kansas City Direct Marketing Education Foundation (KCDMAEF) was established in May 1995 by a vote of the Kansas City Direct Marketing Association (KCDMA) Board of Directors. KCDMAEF is committed to promoting and fostering direct marketing education in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area and is an entity independent of the KCDMA.
The KCDMAEF is a component fund of the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation and Affiliated Trust, the organization that administers the KCDMAEF and receives advice, direct and instructions from the KCDMAEF Advisory Committee. KCDMA provided the initial funding for the Education Foundation and will continue to build its general fund through fundraising events, memorial gifts, and gifts from individuals or corporations interested in the future of direct marketing in Kansas City.
Mission – The Mission of the KCDMAEF is to build an ongoing charitable endowment of the KCDMA which will financially augment the advancement of the educational principles of KCDMA.
Principles – The primary purpose of the Foundation is to promote and foster direct marketing education in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area. All efforts in fund raising, investment management and granting of charitable funds will be directed toward this goal. The Foundation’s educational efforts can include, but are not limited to: support of formal direct marketing education at local academic institutions; student scholarships, student and professor symposiums and workshops, KCDMA speakers, workshops and educational
In 1995, the Kansas City Direct Marketing Association Education Foundation, known as KCDMAEF, was established as an entity independent of the Kansas City Direct Marketing Association. The mission of the KCDMAEF is to promote and foster direct marketing education in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area, through scholarships.
We will be opening applications for our scholarships for the 2019-2020 school year soon. Read more below.
What are the scholarship award criteria and who can apply?
Scholarships will be awarded based on merit and the recipient’s potential contribution to the practice of direct marketing in the Kansas City region.
To be eligible for a scholarship from the KCDMAEF, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or be accepted and plan to enroll in an accredited Degree or Certification Program in the greater Kansas City region.
- Be enrolled or be accepted and plan for the fall 2019 semester with a course or series of courses relating to the practice of marketing.
- Provide proof of previous scholastic achievement proving a minimum 3.0 grade point average or equivalent mastery of marketing concepts and practice.
- Provide a letter of recommendation.
- Complete the online scholarship application (see ‘How do you apply?’) to the KCDMAEF by April 22, 2019.
If you are selected as a scholarship recipient, what will KCDMAEF expect from you?
All recipients will be required to:
- Attend the KCDMA June lunch meeting on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 (Date subject to change) at which you will be awarded the scholarship.
- Submit a college life update for the end of the scholarship year (to be used in the KCDMA newsletter)
- Sign a waiver for release of your picture and contact information.
What does the scholarship include?
- Financial assistance in the amount of $1,000 per year.
- Eligible for subsequent annual scholarship based on:
– Marketing coursework
– Letter explaining your experience of the last year in light of coursework and why you would be a suitable candidate.
- Student Membership in KCDMA.
- Support and Counsel of a mentor from the KCDMA membership.
- Special rates for attendance at KCDMA’s Direct Marketing Symposium.
- Invitation to two KCDMA meetings at no charge.
How do you apply?
- Complete the online Scholarship Application here.
- Send one letter of recommendation on your work or character to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “KCDMAEF Scholarship application” and your full name in the subject line.
- Submit your transcript, either by emailing the PDF or mailing to:
KCDMA, 638 W. 39th St, Kansas City, MO 64141
How will you know if you are chosen to receive a scholarship?
Selected applicants will be notified by the Scholarship Selection Committee. The final determination will be made in early May. The decision of the KCDMAEF Scholarship Selection Committee is final. Re-application is necessary to be considered for future scholarship awards (see above).
What is the deadline for application?
Your application must be received by April 22, 2019.